Friday 31 May 2013

May Favourites.

Hello!
I cannot believe it is the end of May. Not only us the year flying by at hyper-speed, but this means my exams, the culmination of fourteen years of education, are over in 11 days. I am more than a little terrified, but in the mean time I will ramble about my favourite beauty things.




Beauty Favourites
VO5 Smoothly Does It Heat Protect Serum.
Dainty Doll Blush - 004 You Are My Sunshine.
ELF Baked Blush -  Pinktastic.
Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner - Taupe.
MAC Pro Longwear concealer - NC15.
Natural Collection blush - Sweet Cheeks.
NYC Nail Polish - Full Metal Jacket.
Maybelline Colour Tattoo - Metallic Pomegranate 
Carmex Lip Balm - Strawberry

The VO5 product has been my go-to every time I wash my hair for smooth shiny hair. It's a heat protectant but I use it even if I'm letting my hair air dry because it still makes it soft and lovely. Plus I'm pretty sure it's less than £5, pretty cheap at any rate! Another go-to product this month that I've had for a while is my Carmex strawberry lip balm. I love all Carmex lip balms but this one smells like strawberry laces and so has been living in my handbag.

You can see I've been loving my blushers this month! The ELF blush is beautiful as a highlight, it's a perfect peachy champagne colour and I like it on my skin tone. A lot. The Natural Collection blush is a beautiful pink that looks so subtle but really brightens up my complexion, I have been reaching for it most days when I don't know what to wear. When I can't be bothered with a separate blush & highlight then this Dainty Doll blush is what I go for. I swatched it here and you can see that it's a beautiful peachy-pink with gold shimmer.

As for the eyes this month, I have been going one of two ways. I've either been smudging this Rimmel eyeliner around the lashline and smoking it out with an eyeshadow or slapping on a Maybelline Colour Tattoo (this represents the three that I own). I usually layer a shadow over the top for longevity as I hate creased lids like nothing else. I reviewed my two other Colour Tattoos here.

My beloved Collection Lasting Perfection concealer has been taking a back seat recently, I have been using my MAC Pro Longwear concealer pretty much every day. This shade is spot-on for my skin and I have been having a few foundation-free days so it's been perfect as it looks pretty seamless on my skin. That, and it really does last all bloody day!

Lastly, we come to my NYC Full Metal Jacket nail polish. I have been wearing this every week which is a pretty big deal for me as I have a lot of nail polish. I did review this the other day so to save from repeating myself too much, you can check that out here along with a swatch.


I thought I'd add in a little non-beauty favourite this month. I have a deep love for scented candles, wax melts, incense, you name it but I have been loving my frgrance oils lately. The Body Shop one I actually only bought a few days ago but it smells so fresh and is a firm favourite - and only £4! The Lotus one smells a little like Parma Violets but I love it anyway and the Lavender is in there whenever I need some extra relaxation. I've been using it most nights due to the extra stress piled on by my imminent A Levels!

That's it for this month, what have you been loving?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...